Writer & Content Coordinator
Do you have a penchant for words? Love spinning stories and delivering them in a logical and compelling manner? Want to work in a vibrant space in collaboration with other creative souls?
Willoughby Design is seeking a Writer & Content Coordinator with 1-4 years of experience in marketing/advertising/journalism.
Willoughby is a brand strategy and design firm with a strong 40+ year history of award-winning work. We are seeking a creative and organized person who can oversee and generate content for an array of clients from small/medium-sized businesses to Fortune 500 accounts with a focus on retail, entertainment, community and well-being. This role will work across a wide range of channels including digital and print for both consumer and B2B, as well as video, social, longer-form web/email/direct mail and blog copy. This role will support the Willoughby content and strategy team working with new and existing clients to determine how best to communicate their brand to the world to increase awareness and engagement. There will also be some account management duties as needed. As with all Willoughby positions, this has a work-from-home option. However, we would like this person to be within a radius of KC for bi-weekly appearances or as required for in-person meetings.
Duties include Client Work and Willoughby Marketing Responsibilities:
- Write copy from headlines to websites.
- Coordinate communications development schedules for websites, social, email and direct mail for clients.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure content is meeting their needs, approvals & timelines.
- Coordinate, help develop and post/share Willoughby marketing content.
- Track and assist with Willoughby case study development and website maintenance.
- Assist with new business pitches and proposal development.
- Track and assist with contest entries.
- Write at varying levels of depth and tone across a wide variety of applications, from broad and overarching brand manifestos to clear and concise headlines to structured, long-form content and web copy.
- Be adept at social media/email marketing planning, writing, posting and tracking.
- Proofread and fact check like your life depends on it.
- Be an avid researcher, aware of current events and news and curious about everything past, present and future.
- Perform effectively at concepting, group brainstorming, projective thinking.
- Understand the relationship between copy and design and how they work best together.
- Be good at working independently and collaboratively and be willing to take direction.
- Present ideas to senior team members that adhere to strategic focus and tone.
- Have a desire to grow in your role as a writer, strategist and coordinator.
- Love dogs, coffee and fun. At least dogs.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, writing emphasis, journalism, marketing communications or applicable studies.
- 1-4 years marketing experience with strong conceptual abilities, writing skills and organizational skills.
- Portfolio of writing examples.
- Desire to work in a dynamic environment with sometimes crazy deadlines.
- Strong understanding of the digital and social space.
- Good client presentation skills demonstrating a clear vision of how the work addresses the challenge.
- Complete resistance to the Oxford comma (unless absolutely necessary for context).
A little about us: We’re a nimble and creative group of flexible, pragmatic team players who share values and work as part of a collaborative team. We do what needs to be done to deliver brilliant creative solutions and service to our clients. At Willoughby, everyone from an intern to a partner has a voice and is encouraged to lead. Equally, everyone from an intern to a partner cleans up their own dishes, waters plants that look thirsty and contributes to maintaining a welcoming environment for all. If you want to help us push the limits of our brand and the brands of our clients, let’s talk!
Willoughby is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A competitive salary that commensurates with relevant experience. Employee benefits include health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401K with matching, education/membership fund, paid vacation and holidays, and flexible work hours with a balance of in-office working hours and work from home.
Smart, passionate and qualified applicants should email their cover letter, resume and work samples (URL or PDF) to our Content Director, Lisa Correu at email@example.com. No PDFs over 4MB, please.